Lifeline Assistance (for residential customers only)
The Florida Lifeline Assistance is a government program that helps make telephone and Internet service affordable to qualified customers in our state. ITS Fiber supports this program because we believe basic phone and Internet service is very important to our local residents. Through Lifeline, residential customers may receive a discount for phone service, Internet service or a bundle with both, but each household may only receive ONE discount. On December 1, 2019 the rates for Lifeline will be changing.
Qualifications - Am I Eligible For Lifeline?
Customers requesting application for Lifeline benefits must participate in ONE of the following programs OR meet the Income Guidelines (see links to guidelines below).
Program Participation in one of these:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program; formerly Food Stamps)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) •
- Veteran's and Survivors Pension Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
How Do I Sign Up?
- IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LIFELINE THROUGH SNAP or MEDICAID, YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE AT:
https://secure.floridapsc.com/lifeline/application or for your convenience, visit ITS Business Office where we will have website access.
- IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LIFELINE THROUGH SSI, FEDERAL PUBLIC HOUSING or THE VETERAN'S PENSION PROGRAM YOU MAY APPLY IN PERSON AT THE ITS TELECOM BUSINESS OFFICE.
If you apply in person at the ITS Business office, you must bring the following:
- Government issued documents showing you are receiving benefits from one of the government agencies above.
- Government issued document with your date of birth and the last four (4) digits of your social security number.
- The name on your documentation must match the name on your ITS Fiber account.
*Note: If your government benefits are in a name other than what your identification shows, we will be unable to process your application.
Benefits – What Do I Get With Lifeline Program?
- Monthly discount on basic service of $9.25 (a yearly savings of $111.00)
- The discount is shown as a credit on your monthly ITS Telecom telephone bill.
- Discount is on one telephone line per household at the principal place of residence.
- Waiver of deposit for local service set up*
- Long distance charges at 8.9¢ per minute
- Optional toll restriction (long distance calls restricted) at no charge
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers at no charge
*Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding long distance (toll) debt, toll restriction is required.
How Do I Continue To Receive Lifeline Benefits? (Recertification)
You must agree to RECERTIFY your eligibility for Lifeline EACH YEAR BY YOUR "ANNIVERSARY DATE". (The date you originally signed up for the Lifeline Program.) Your benefits will be discontinued when you no longer meet the eligibility requirements or when proof of eligibility is not received by the state.
Click here for recertification applications:
What Happens If I No Longer Qualify For Lifeline Benefits?
You should call your phone company within 30 days of no longer qualifying. Ask for Transitional Lifeline Assistance. This state program gives 30% off the monthly flat rate for wireline residential basic service. You can get this discount for one year after you no longer qualify for the regular Lifeline program.
Lifeline Terms And Conditions
- Lifeline is a federal benefit.
- Willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program.
- Only one Lifeline service discount per household.
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses.
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers.
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Lifeline rules and will result in the subscriber’s de-enrollment in the program.
- Lifeline is non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
For additional questions, please contact us at 772-597-2111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org