Lifeline Assistance (for residential customers only)
The Florida Lifeline Assistance is a government program that helps make communication services affordable to qualified customers in our state. Through the program, consumers may receive a Lifeline discount for internet service or a bundle with both internet and phone service, but each household may only receive one discount.
Note as of December 1, 2021, there will no longer be a Lifeline discount for phone only service.
Qualifications - Am I Eligible For Lifeline?
Customers requesting application for Lifeline benefits must participate in ONE of the following programs OR meet the current Income Guidelines (see links to guidelines below).
Program Participation in one of these:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program; formerly Food Stamps)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) •
- Veteran's and Survivors Pension Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
How Do I Sign Up?
- IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LIFELINE THROUGH SNAP or MEDICAID, YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE AT:
https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline or for your convenience, visit ITS Business Office where we will have website access.
- IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LIFELINE THROUGH SSI, FEDERAL PUBLIC HOUSING or THE VETERAN'S PENSION PROGRAM YOU MAY APPLY IN PERSON AT THE ITS TELECOM BUSINESS OFFICE.
If you apply in person at the ITS Business office, you must bring the following:
- Government issued documents showing you are receiving benefits from one of the government agencies above.
- Government issued document with your date of birth and the last four (4) digits of your social security number.
- The name on your documentation must match the name on your ITS Fiber account.
*Note: If your government benefits are in a name other than what your identification shows, we will be unable to process your application.
Benefits – What Do I Get With Lifeline Program?
- Beginning December 1, 2021 the Lifeline credit will be discontinued for phone only service.
- Monthly discounts:
- Standalone Internet or Bundled Voice/Internet Service - $9.25 credit with speeds at least 25 Mbps down/3Mbps up
- The discount is shown as a credit on your monthly Blue Stream Fiber internet telephone bill.
- Discount is on one telephone line or internet service per household at the principal place of residence.
- Waiver of deposit for local service set up*
- Optional toll restriction (long distance calls restricted) at no charge**
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers at no charge**
*Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding long distance (toll) debt, toll restriction is required.
** Only applies if subscribe to a bundle of internet and phone service.
How Do I Continue To Receive Lifeline Benefits? (Recertification)
You must agree to RECERTIFY your eligibility for Lifeline EACH YEAR BY YOUR "ANNIVERSARY DATE". (The date you originally signed up for the Lifeline Program.) Your benefits will be discontinued when you no longer meet the eligibility requirements or when proof of eligibility is not received by the state.
Click here for recertification applications:
What Happens If I No Longer Qualify For Lifeline Benefits?
You should call Blue Stream Fiber within 30 days of no longer qualifying. Ask for Transitional Lifeline Assistance. This state program gives 30% off the monthly flat rate for wireline residential basic service. You can get this discount for one year after you no longer qualify for the regular Lifeline program.
Lifeline Terms And Conditions
For additional questions, please contact us at 772-597-2111 or email email@example.com